SHEET METAL WORKER / METAL FINISHER
Formel D is the global service provider of the automotive industry. We develop market-leading concepts as well as individual, scalable solutions along the entire automotive value chain – from development to production to aftersales. The company was founded in 1993 at its headquarters in Troisdorf near Cologne. Today we employ 12.000 people from 45 nations in more than 90 locations in 22 countries. Passion drives us, professionalism makes us stand out and team spirit makes us successful. We work at the core of the industry that moves us every day.
- Inspecting metal parts and sheet metal panels to determine if they are qualified for use in the manufacturing process.
- Faulty parts need to be grinded, bent, brazed, welded, and more in order to qualify that part for use.
- Rework trim lines, add holes (Using equipment provided) and adjust flanges for clearance.
- Cosmetic rework of outer surface panels to agreed standard.
- Metal finishing or reworking experience preferred.
- Experience in the automotive industry in a BIW (Body in White) environment.
- Experience in body shop surface rework and reworking structural parts to a hammer block.
- Welding / Brazing experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work 10 hour shifts with occasional overage within short notice.
- Must be able to stand for 10 hours.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 20-50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Greer - South Carolina
Why Formel D?
Thank you for your interest in a career at Formel D. We’re always looking for energetic and motivated individuals, who share our same drive for success. At Formel D, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career and a place to expect more opportunities. Formel D is a global service provider to the automotive and component supply industry.